Scholarships & Partnerships
UTS Haberfield Rowing Club Scholarship
UTS Rowing Club is one of Australia’s most successful rowing clubs. It has produced 25 Olympians who competed in the 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games as well as five World Champions and several Under-23 World Champions.
ActivateUTS and the University have recently invested in a new rowing and training facility to ensure the Club’s continued success in the future.
Great coaching, high quality equipment and a friendly and professional environment in which to train is what the club has offered its members in the past and will continue to provide in the future.
Through our partnership with ActivateUTS, our eligible athletes can apply for various scholarships which provide:
- The opportunity to apply for five additional ATAR points towards University entry
- Financial assistance in the form of a cash grant, depending on performance
- Rowing coaching by Olympic and National coaches
- Specialised training programs
- Free use of ActivateFit on Harris and Consultation andProgramming services
- Subsidised fees when competing for UTS in University Sporting Competitions
- Assistance with Academic matters via the Elite AthleteFriendly University Network
UTS Norths Athletic Club Scholarships
UTS Norths, one of Australia’s premier athletics clubs is offering several scholarships to young athletes to assist them in achieving both their sporting and academic goals.
UTS Gordon Rugby Scholarship
Launched in 2013, the UTS & Gordon Academy was initiated as an academic pathway for talented Rugby players into university. The Academy offers scholarships to talented rugby players in which the player receives; a funded grant towards their study, specialised coaching & training programs, and automatic entrance into the Gordon Extended Development system.
- Must be an enrolled student at UTS
- Must play for Gordon in the 2018 season
- Must agree to act as a Brand Ambassador for UTS EAP & Gordon Rugby Club
UTS Fencing Scholarship
The UTS Fencing Club Scholarship aims to assist UTS students with a record of achievement in the sport of fencing. Each scholarship awarded will provide a range of benefits which may include a funding grant towards study costs; a training plan; as well as subsidies for training, competitions and travel.
- Must be an enrolled student at UTS
- Must have a record of top Junior and/or Senior results
- Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to mentor junior and beginner UTSFC fencers
- Must agree to act as a Brand Ambassador for UTS EAP & the UTS Fencing Club
For more information on any of these scholarships, please contact email@example.com.
Water Polo NSW
In 2015, UTS established a partnership with Water Polo NSW to assist in providing elite and academic pathways for young water polo players.
The Water Polo NSW Academy is an invitational program that was initiated in January 2015 to assist in the transition of athletes to elite water polo. The program engages athletes in the U14, U16 and U18 age groups and has three main orientations to supplement their current training regimes.
The 3 orientations are:
- Technique and skill development.
- Athlete education.
- Land and gym development.
The Academy is an official program as part of the elite athlete pathway in NSW and Australia and operates in partnership with the New South Wales Institute of Sport and the University of Technology Sydney.
Water Polo Australia has endorsed the program and recognises its value in preparing athletes for selection in national teams in accordance with its selection policy.
For more information on academic pathways for elite water polo players at UTS, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The UTS Elite Athlete Program has an alliance with Suring NSW, aiming to provide an educational pathway for elite surfers wishing to pursue tertiary studies.
Surfing NSW, established in 1963, is the largest and longest running of the recognised state bodies for the sport of surfing in Australia.
‘Our mission is to develop the sport of surfing in NSW to its maximum potential through the delivery of professional events, coaching and educational programs. Surfing NSW supports boardrider clubs and surf schools in NSW to develop this pathway. Surfing NSW is supported by the NSW Department of Sport & Recreation, who share in our mission to develop our sport and increase participation levels. Please see www.surfingnsw.com.au for more information on how to get involved in Australia’s number 1 lifestyle sport’
For more information on SurfingNSW, go to:
For more information on academic pathways for elite surfers at UTS, contact email@example.com