Shoulder Rolls with UTS Dance Society
It's time to bust a move with the Dance Society. Join us this week as they show us to do a shoulder roll which is often used in lyrical or contemporary dance choreography. It’s simple to learn and easy to progress to challenge yourself!
- Sit on the ground with your knees up and feet flat on the floor.
- Rock backwards onto your back whilst placing your right hand above your shoulder, on the floor, and your left arm out to the side.
- Look towards your left hand and swing your legs up and behind your head.
- Land on your knees, or progress to straight legs or split legs. (Easy to do it fast as you can use momentum.)
Boogie down with the Dance Society in session 2!
Whether you wish to explore new dance skills or are an experienced dancer, Dance Society encourages students to foster an appreciation for dance, fitness, creativity and skill growth.
As of Session 2, the Dance Society will be hosting some exciting dance classes ranging from Dance Workout and Beginner Jazz, to Beginner Contemporary, held on campus at the RMSH (Building 4, level 2)
This means you can interact with your fellow dancers and instructor face to face. Check out the schedule here: https://activateuts.com.au/uts-dance-program
Interested in joining the Dance Society?
Dance Society's regular workshops and events cater for all abilities in diverse styles from ballet to bollywood to ballroom to modern dance. Experienced dancers may have the opportunity to become involved in performance and competition opportunities.
- $10.00 per year - Students
- $10.00 per year - Staff
- $30.00 per year - Public