How to make a Terrarium with UTSoC
Who doesn't love a bit of green in their indoor space? This week, Olivia from the UTSoC (Society of Communications) shares how she has been keeping busy and entertained during isolation. A good re-decoration of her house with some greenery to not only freshen the look, but also livens up each corner of the room. Here’s her take on how to build your very own terrarium.
- Plant Saplings and rocks of your choice
- Glass Terrarium Container or Bowl
- Charcoal Mix
- Perlite Mix
- Potting Mix
- Add a thin layer of stones to the container.
- Add a good layer of charcoal to the container to keep the soil sweet and from going sour.
- In a separate bowl, mix together perlite and potting mix, and add this layer to the container.
- Insert the saplings into the soil mixture and arrange them as you wish, ensuring they are packed tightly into the soil base (here you can get creative and add little rocks/figurines).
- Do your best to keep it alive (water once a week or when the soil is dry to the touch) and enjoy!
UTSoC is the official Society for the Communication Faculty. Their mission is to connect their members with industry representatives, promote the talents of its members, and unite the faculty in the hardships and joys of completing degrees. UTSoC provide industry opportunities and a range of social events!
Find out what UTSoC are up to this session:
$5.00 per year - Students
$5.00 per year - Staff
$25.00 per year - Public