Board and Governance
Our Board meets monthly, except December and January, and includes of:
- The Chair, appointed by the University Council
- The Treasurer, appointed by the University Council
- One other Director, appointed by the University Council
- Two Staff Directors, who come from the University’s staff and are appointed by the University Council
- Seven Student Directors, who come from the student body and are elected by the students of the University
- The CEO of ActivateUTS
We encourage all students and University staff to take an interest in the Union.
When are board positions filled?
Elections for student positions are conducted annually by the University, usually in September, for two-year terms commencing on 7 October.
Four Student Directors are elected in even-numbered years and three Student Directors are elected in odd-numbered years.
Staff Directors with the skills and experience considered necessary by the University Council are appointed for a two-year term commencing on 7 October.
One Staff Director is appointed in each year.
Professor Peter Booth - Chairman
Assoc. Professor Prabhu Sivabalan - Treasurer
Ms Elizabeth Morgan-Brett - CEO
Professor Anita Stuhmcke - Staff Director, Law
Ms Fiona Thomas - Staff Director, UTS HR
Mr Linus Faustin
Ms Emily Hazell
Ms Jessica Massih - President
Ms Lydia Watson-Moore - Vice President