Board and Governance
Elections for student positions are conducted annually by the University, usually in September, for two-year terms commencing on 7 October.
Four Student Directors are elected in even-numbered years and three Student Directors are elected in odd-numbered years.
Staff Directors with the skills and experience considered necessary by the University Council are appointed for a two-year term commencing on 7 October.
One Staff Director is appointed in each year.
Our Board meets monthly, except December and January, and includes of:
- The Chair, appointed by the University Council
- The Treasurer, appointed by the University Council
- One other Director, appointed by the University Council
- Two Staff Directors, who come from the University’s staff and are appointed by the University Council
- Seven Student Directors, who come from the student body and are elected by the students of the University
- The CEO of ActivateUTS
We encourage all students and University staff to take an interest in ActivateUTS.
Professor Peter Booth - Chairman
Assoc. Professor Prabhu Sivabalan - Treasurer
Ms Elizabeth Morgan-Brett - CEO
Professor Anita Stuhmcke - Staff Director, Law
Ms Fiona Thomas - Staff Director, UTS HR
Mr John Chalmers - Staff Director, UTS MCU
MR Thomas Miletich, President
Ms Jessica Massih - Vice President
Mr Rohan Indra, Student Director
Ms Sabrina Ulis, Student Director
Mr Lachlan Mcfall, Student Director
Ms Rebecca Chea, Student Director
Ms Deni-Elle Hastings, Student Director