Board and Governance
Elections for student positions are conducted annually by the University, usually in September, for two-year terms commencing on 7 October.
Four Student Directors are elected in even-numbered years and three Student Directors are elected in odd-numbered years.
Staff Directors with the skills and experience considered necessary by the University Council are appointed for a two-year term commencing on 7 October.
One Staff Director is appointed in each year.
Our Board meets monthly, except December and January, and includes of:
- The Chair, appointed by the University Council
- The Treasurer, appointed by the University Council
- One other Director, appointed by the University Council
- Two Staff Directors, who come from the University’s staff and are appointed by the University Council
- Seven Student Directors, who come from the student body and are elected by the students of the University
- The CEO of ActivateUTS
We encourage all students and University staff to take an interest in ActivateUTS.
Emeritus Professor Peter Booth - Chairman
Professor Prabhu Sivabalan - Treasurer
Ms Elizabeth Morgan-Brett - CEO
Professor Anita Stuhmcke - Staff Director, Law
Ms Fiona Thomas - Staff Director, UTS HR
Mr John Chalmers - Staff Director, UTS MCU
Ms Rebecca Chea, President
Ms Rachael Chomik, Vice President
Ms Jessica Massih, Student Director
Mr Jinang Liu, Student Director
Mr Lachlan Mcfall, Student Director
Mr Mohit Sewani, Student Director
Ms Carisa Mehra, Student Director