Events Assistant Intern
We’re on the hunt for a talented intern to join the ActivateSocial team. The Events Assistant Intern, working with our Events & Engagement Manager, will have the opportunity to get stuck into learning about all things events including social events (both online and on-campus), orientation, and The Pack volunteering program. As the ActivateUTS Events Assistant Intern, you’ll gain valuable experience in planning, administration, and executing events backed by a supportive team.
This is a great opportunity for a UTS student who is passionate about event management and is looking to get hands-on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Events team with research, administration, collecting quotes, liaising with suppliers, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Events team with the organisation and execution of larger events.
- Assist the Events team with post event reporting.
- Assist with the delivery of smaller events to compliment the programs that are currently in place that engage the UTS community. Assist the Social Team and department manager with other duties within the nature and scope of this position as may be required from time to time.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Previous experience working in events or customer service and/or is currently studying Events Management or a related discipline at UTS.
- Strong administration skills.
- Works well in a small team environment.
- Manages time effectively and knows how to prioritise their work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knows how to solve problems.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- An understanding of the youth market and cultural diversity.
- Some knowledge or experience in AV equipment and in the music/entertainment industry would be advantageous.
- Current first aid certificate.
- RSA certificate.
What you’ll get in return:
- Hands on experience in event management from planning through to execution.
- Opportunities to attend and be part of creating ActivateUTS events.
- Experience working in a dynamic event and engagement team.
Hours and remuneration
This is an unpaid internship of 210 hours.
How to apply:
If you’re ready to combine your passion for events and UTS together, email your resume, selection criteria response, cover letter, and contact details of two referees (maximum 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact Jacqueline Mitrovits at email@example.com