Dill Crusted Salmon
Salmon is a healthy and delicious way of loading up your body with Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Protein, B-Vitamins and Potassium! Our Dill, Almond and Oat crusted Salmon, alongside our vibrant vegetable skewers are the perfect (and impressive) post work-out lunch or dinner.
It’s recommended that we aim to eat at least five serves of vegetables and two serves of fruit every single day, and our vegetable skewers are a colourful and easy way to reach that goal! For these skewers the variations are endless: we loved the colours of capsicum, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. But you can use carrots, eggplant, corn, beetroot and even pineapple (though this one is a bit controversial)!
What you will need:
For the Salmon:
- 2 x Salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp Almonds
- 2 Tbsps Fresh Dill
- 1 Lemon (Zest and Juice)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
For the Vegetable Kebabs:
- 4 Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup Red &/OR Yellow Capsicum
- 1 Zucchini
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ cup Mushrooms
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a small baking tray and a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the vegetables into similar sized small chunks, then thread the vegetables onto the skewers and season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place these onto the baking tray and set aside.
- Next, place the oats, almonds, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil in a mortar and pestle and pound until a paste forms.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the baking tray alongside the vegetable skewers and press the crust on top.
- Bake the salmon and skewers in the oven for 15-20 minutes until salmon is cooked through and the vegetable skewers are golden.
Tip: The Salmon may cook faster then the skewers, keep and eye on them and take out the salmon if it is cooked through first.
ActivateFit.Gym is a community hub that offers students, staff, alumni and the public access to state-of-the-art gym facilities. Our gym supports its members in enhancing their physical, social, and emotional wellbeing whilst inspiring them to achieve their health & fitness goals. We’re all about community & want our members to stay connected - so we’re bringing to you ways to stay healthy from home, until we can all hop back into the gym together (which is hopefully soon!).
Follow us on Facebook @ActivateFit.Gym for more healthy recipes - and keep us up to date on your fitness and health journey! Let us know your thoughts on this salmon recipe!