Healthy Chocolate Crackles
We don’t know about you - but after a workout we’re always looking for something a little bit sweet to reward ourselves for the effort; yet at the same time we don’t want to undo all the hard work we just put into our exercise! It’s a tough situation! This is where our Healthy Chocolate crackles come in!
This recipe will take you back to your primary school days - except here we’ve swapped out that dreadful Copha and sugary chocolate for healthier alternatives. So you can reminisce with these ones without feeling (too) guilty!
These crackles are loaded with fibre, protein, healthy fats (such as Omega 3) and Vitamins and Minerals - which you’ll find in the coconut, sultanas, walnuts, pepitas and goji berries. Together the benefits of these superfood ingredients, will help give you energy and aid digestion.
If you have alternative nuts, dried fruits, seeds in your pantry that you want to use - you can throw those in as well. For a plant based alternative - just swap out the Dark Chocolate for it’s vegan version.
What you will need:
- 80g Bar Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 cups puffed rice
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp pepitas (half for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp goji berries (half for garnish)
- Combine dark chocolate and oil in a microwave proof bowl, heat on medium setting for 1 minute, stir well. Return to the microwave in 10 second bursts if required to continue melting.
- In a large bowl, combine the puffed rice, sultanas, walnuts, coconut, half the goji berries and half the pepitas. Add melted chocolate and stir until all ingredients are well coated in chocolate.
- Spoon between prepared muffin tray, top with the remaining pepitas and goji berries. Press the mixture down firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before consuming - store in your freezer to snack on at a later time!
Tip: We recommend making these into 12 small portions - for a healthy portion controlled snack.
ActivateFit.Gym is a community hub that offers students, staff, alumni and the public access to state-of-the-art gym facilities. Our gym supports its members in enhancing their physical, social, and emotional wellbeing whilst inspiring them to achieve their health & fitness goals. We’re all about community & want our members to stay connected - so we’re bringing to you ways to stay healthy from home, until we can all hop back into the gym together.
Follow us on Facebook @ActivateFit.Gym for more healthy recipes - and keep us up to date on your fitness and health journey! Let us know your thoughts on these healthy chocolate crackles - and tag us in your healthy creations!