Peanut Butter Cups
We don’t know about you - but since we’ve been in ISO, snacking on sweets has become a lot harder to avoid! Now we know how important these midday sweets can be to get us through studies/work/exercise/netflix, so we’re not saying you should get rid of them completely. But we do suggest substituting them for a healthier version of your favourite treats! Here we have one such recipe for you with our Peanut Butter Cups - think Reece’s, but you know - way, way better for you!
These peanut butter cups are loaded with fibre, protein, healthy fats (such as Omega 3) and Vitamins and Minerals - which you’ll find in the coconut, cocoa, dates and peanut butter! These cups (in small doses), will give you lots of long lasting energy to get you through the day - especially if you’ve been really good and done a big work-out.
This recipe is plant based (just use maple syrup instead of honey) - so if you want to share with your vegan friends, you can! Though we suspect there won’t be too much sharing going on when you get a taste of these.
What you will need:
- 1 Cup dates pitted
- 250g almond meal
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs honey or maple syrup (if plant based)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 min. Drain and place in food processor with almond meal and coconut oil & cocoa powder.
- Press into 12 muffin tray silicon mould or a silicon mould tray (and cut into 12 at the end)
- Add 1 tbs of peanut butter on top of each base. Freeze until hard approx 10 min.
- Mix melted coconut oil, honey and cocoa together &; pour on top of peanut butter.
- Refreeze for another 1 hour, then they are ready to serve.
Have these with yoghurt or low fat Ice cream for a sweet healthy dessert.
ActivateFit.Gym is a community hub that offers students, staff, alumni and the public access to state-of-the-art gym facilities. Our gym supports its members in enhancing their physical, social, and emotional wellbeing whilst inspiring them to achieve their health & fitness goals. We’re all about community & want our members to stay connected - so we’re bringing to you ways to stay healthy from home, until we can all hop back into the gym together.
Follow us on Facebook @ActivateFit.Gym for more healthy recipes - and keep us up to date on your fitness and health journey! Let us know your thoughts on these healthy peanut butter cups!