Plastic Bottle Challenge
- Monday 10 May, 4:00 – 6:00pm
UTS Tower Building (Building 1), Level 3
For more information, see below.
Ready. Set. Recycle.
Take part in the Plastic Bottle Challenge during Green Week. Brought to you by the UTS Australian Red Cross Society, the Plastic Bottle Challenge is your opportunity to recycle the plastic bottles that are piling up in your car boot.
All profits made from this challenge will be donated to the Red Cross NSW Floods appeal.
The bottle collection point is on the concourse in UTS Building 1 (Tower Building, Level 3) between 4pm – 6pm on Monday 10 May and 1pm – 3pm on Thursday 13 May.
For every delivery you make, the UTS Australian Red Cross Society will reward you with a metal straw (only 25 to giveaway per day). Plus, if you deliver the most plastic bottles for the challenge you could win a $50 eftpos voucher (winner decided Friday after collections have closed). Not bad, huh?
Here’s what else you need to know:
- Plastic bottles are only eligible to be returned. Please do not return glass, jam jars or cans at this challenge’s collection point.
- For hygiene purposes, we encourage all participants to quickly rinse their bottles.
- Expecting to bring large donations? We recommend packing your bottles in a recyclable bag or box to help yourself, and the society, carry the bottles.
- This collection will also occur on Friday 14 May at the same time, so if you can't make it Monday, you still have a chance to win.
This event is part of Green Week 2021. Follow the link for more awesome, eco-friendly events.