Project Pitch 2019
- Monday 6 May – Friday 17 May, 5:15 – 6:00pm
- UTS StartUps Event Space
This is free, but space is limited. Book now to secure your spot.
Do you have a business idea? Have you already started working on your idea or looking how to start? We will put the best and brightest together in one place to help your start-up succeed, including up to $10,000 worth of prizes split among the top three teams.
From 6 to 17 May, you will find yourself in one of Australia's most influential start-up communities, develop your ideas through workshops, test out your ideas, then pitch it to a set of judges and venture capitalists.
You can register as a team or individual, however the team captain must include their team members in the registration form. The team captain must be a UTS Student or Staff member.
There will be sessions on the following dates; all sessions are compulsory to attend, as stated in the competition guidelines.
- 6 May 5:15pm
- 9 May 5:15pm
- 13 May 5:15pm
- 15 May 5:15pm
- 17 May 4:00pm
Attendance is compulsory for all sessions as per competition requirements
- A minimum of 50% of team members must attend each of the sessions.
- You must have a current UTS staff and/or student co-founder on your team.
- Everyone in your team must be included in your registration form on the ActivateUTS website, or they will not be permitted to take part in, or attend Project Pitch.
- You will need a business idea to enter the competition. It cannot be a duplicate of an already existing business unless it disrupts it in some way.
- All entries will be screened before entry into competition is confirmed.
- Intellectual property (IP) associated with the project will remain with the entered persons.
- The competition is open to teams that may rely upon IP owned by third parties, such as patented technology developed by companies or Universities. It is not necessary at the time of entry to have negotiated licenses or other agreements to use these ideas;
- The decision of the Judging Panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into between UTS, ActivateUTS and entrants;
- Prizes will be allocated according to the Judging Panel's final decision and direction.
- The judging panel will pick a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams based on a set assessment criteria.
- Up to a maximum of $10,000 in prizes will be divided among the winning teams.
- Prizes not redeemable for cash
- All participants by entering the competition agree to the ethical standards of UTS and acknowledge they must follow the rules and regulations of the University.