After 29 submissions, 10 finalists, and 1,810 votes, we have the winners of the UTS Talent Quest 2021.
Who is eligible to enter?
All current UTS and UTS College (domestic and international) students are eligible to enter! Submissions are now closed!
When do I need to enter by?
Entries for the UTS Talent Quest close at midnight on Sunday 1 August.
Can I add more info or make edits to my submission?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to make edits to your submission once it’s been submitted via the Google form. We encourage you to triple check your submission before clicking ‘Submit’.
Is there a time limit to my video?
All performances must not be longer than 90 seconds. Performances over 90 seconds will be disqualified.
Is there a file size limit to uploading my video?
The file size limit for videos is 1GB.
How do I win the Fan Favourite award?
Shortlisted entries will be shared on the ActivateUTS Facebook page from Monday 9 August. Voting will remain open until 12pm, Friday 13 August. The winner of the Fan Favourite award will be based on the submission with the most likes. Unfortunately, a submission can't claim both first prize and fan favourite awards. If the submission with the most 'likes' has also been awarded first prizes by the judges, then the submission with the next highest number of 'likes' will be awarded Fan Favourite.
Can I submit an entry multiple times?
Participants can only submit one entry. If multiple entries are submitted per participant, only one entry will be considered.
There’ll be six judges judging all submissions. The submission with the most points out of a total of 240, after the judge’s tally, wins. Judging will be based on the following:
- Originality (uniqueness, creativity, ability)
- Entertainment value (engaging, fun, captivating)
- Presence (confidence, energy, passion)
- Overall execution (technique, skill, appropriateness)
The top 10 entries will be shortlisted and posted on the ActivateUTS Facebook page to determine the Fan Favourite award. The submission with the most likes will be determined the winner.
The judges will announce the top three entries on Friday, 13 August.
Let's meet your judges.
Rachael Chomik, President of the ActivateUTS Board
Jin Liu, Vice-President of the ActivateUTS Board
Jin is a big movie fan with experience as a video producer. He loves creations with good cinematography and composition, also appreciate works that could bring storytelling to the next level.
Eric Yang, Director of the ActivateUTS Board
Eric is in his final year of a Bachelor of Biomedical engineering. Even though he's an engineering student, he was an excellent actor of the Chinese Drama club back in Singapore. Also, he has an exceptional taste in appreciating art.
Aman Singh Sehmbey, President of the UTS Postgraduate Business Society
Aman was a part of Freak n Stylz Crew, a premier for breakdancing in India, that represented the country twice on a Southeast Asian level. He also owned a dance academy for a duration of three years. Throughout the course of his dancing career, he gained critical knowledge that led him to judge multiple dance competitions on a university level.
Simran Parekh, Treasurer of the UTS Journalism Society
Simran's area of expertise in this talent quest will be musical performance, having sung in live concert and talent shows throughout her childhood both solo, choir and additionally being a part of musical productions. She's thrilled to do be doing this and can't wait to be amazed by all the talent.
Olivia Burton, President of the Forensic Science Society
Olivia is a third-year student undertaking a combined Bachelor of Forensic Science and Bachelor of Arts in International Studies. Prior to her scientific career, she was an art kid through and through with a love of musical theatre and all aspects of performing arts.
- All submissions must be original work and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition.
- Entrants must ensure that to the best of their knowledge their entry is an original idea; that if you are submitting on behalf of a peer, you must be authorised by the owner of the design to enter the design in the competition; and that the design does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Applicants must be 18 years or over.
- Participants can only submit one entry each. If multiple entries are submitted per participant, only one entry will be considered.
- The UTS Talent Quest is a UTS community event. All acts, performances, and attire must be appropriate for all ages. Entrants who fail to respect these guidelines will be disqualified.
- A variety of entertainment is encouraged – singing, magic tricks, juggling, playing a musical instrument(s), sport trick shots, or any other unique talents.
- All entrants must be current UTS and UTS College (domestic and international) students.
- Performances may be individuals, groups or from a club or society.
- Sole animal performances are not allowed.
- All performances must not be longer than 90 seconds. Performances over 90 seconds will be disqualified.
- One prize will be awarded for first, second and third place whether it is an individual, group or from a club or society. Prize vouchers will be as follows: 1st place - $1000, 2nd place - $500, 3rd place - $250, and Fan Favourite award - $250.
- Entrants cannot claim both the first prize and fan favourite awards. If the submission with the most 'likes' has also been awarded first prizes by the judges, then the submission with the next highest number of 'likes' will be awarded Fan Favourite.
- Winners will be contacted after Wednesday 18 August.
- By participating in this ActivateUTS event, you will be doing so by personal choice and at your own risk. You accept that ActivateUTS, its Board or its officers shall not be held liable to any extent whatsoever for any injuries or damages sustained by you arising out of or in connection with your participation in the proposed activity.
- Participants are bound by UTS policies, ActivateUTS policies, and any relevant state and/or national legislation.
- By entering in this contest, you agree for your submission to be shared on ActivateUTS, UTS Sport and UTS social media channels for promotional purposes.
- ActivateUTS’ decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- ActivateUTS shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.