The Great UTS Bake Off
It’s time to turn loose in the kitchen with The Great UTS Bake Off.
We challenge you to bake, create and decorate your favourite dessert. Your dessert can be anything – from cakes to doughnuts to cookies and pastries. All we ask is that you make the dessert from scratch and dress it with your best decorations.
Make your decorations as basic or fancy as you’d like. Think candy, fruit, buttercream, fondant and frosting.
The best part? The first 15 eligible submissions will win a cake (valued up to $54) from Cake Mail, sent directly to their home.
Submissions close 11.59pm, Sunday 19 September.
All submissions will be shared on the ActivateUTS Facebook page from Monday 20 September for their chance to win the Fan Favourite award. The submission with the most ‘likes’ will win a $100 Coles voucher.
Please read the T&Cs below for your best chance of winning the Cake Mail.
Here are some easy cake decorating ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Who is eligible to enter?
All current UTS and UTS College (domestic and international) students are eligible to enter!
How do I enter?
Students must submit their entries via the competition’s Google Form by 11:59pm, Sunday 19 September.
How do I win the Cake Mail?
It’s easy – get in quick. The first 15 eligible submissions will automatically a Cake Mail (valued up to $54). The cakes will be sent directly to the winners.
Remember, you must submit proof that you made your dessert and decorated it yourself.
How many photos can I upload?
You can upload a maximum of 5 photos of your dessert. One of the photos must include a proof that you made the dessert from scratch (e.g. photo of the ingredients).
Can I add more info or make edits to my submission?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to make edits to your submission once it’s been submitted via the Google form. We encourage you to triple check your submission before clicking ‘Submit’.
How do I win the Fan Favourite award?
Entries will be shared on the ActivateUTS Facebook page from Monday 20 September. Voting will remain open until 12pm, Friday 24 September. The winner of the Fan Favourite award will be based on the submission with the most ‘likes’.
Can I submit multiple entries?
Participants can only submit one entry. If multiple entries are submitted per participant, only one entry will be considered.
- This competition is open to UTS and UTS College students only.
- You can enter as an individual.
- Entrants must prove that they baked and decorated the cake from scratch. Proof of their ingredients or themselves baking will be accepted via image or video.
- The Great UTS Bake off is a UTS community event. All decorations must be appropriate for all ages. Entrants who fail to respect these guidelines will be disqualified.
- The first 15 submissions that meet the criteria and adhere to this competition’s T&Cs will win a Cake Mail (valued up to $54). The cake will be sent directly to their home.
- All photos and videos related to one entry must be submitted at once via the Google Form.
- Only one submission per student will be accepted. If a student submits multiple submissions, only one will be considered.
- Submissions must be made by 11:59pm, Sunday 19 September to be eligible to win the Cake Mail. Winners will get to choose their cake once contacted.
- Winners of the CakeMail will be contacted after Wednesday 22 September.
- Please make sure you adhere to NSW Health guidelines and restrictions when taking these photos and stay safe!
- By participating in this ActivateUTS event, you will be doing so by personal choice and at your own risk. You accept that ActivateUTS, its Board or its officers shall not be held liable to any extent whatsoever for any injuries or damages sustained by you arising out of or in connection with your participation in the proposed activity.
- Participants are bound by UTS policies, ActivateUTS policies, and any relevant state and/or national legislation.
- By entering in this contest, you agree for your submission to be shared on ActivateUTS, UTS Sport and UTS social media channels for promotional purposes.
- ActivateUTS’ decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- ActivateUTS shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.