Submissions for the UTS DIY Challenge have closed.
Thank you to everyone who entered the UTS DIY Challenge. We had a total of 44 student entries.
From painting and pottery, to knitting and building, we asked UTS students to share their epic DIY projects they've made during lockdown.
The shortlisted entries can be found on the ActivateUTS website.
Keep an eye on our events page for more events and competitions.
If you want to get started on your own DIY project to submit into this competition, here are some DIY ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Who is eligible to enter?
All current UTS and UTS College (domestic and international) students are eligible to enter!
How do I enter?
Students must submit their entries via the competition’s Google Form by 11:59pm, Sunday 10 October.
How do I win a prize?
All eligible submissions will be shared on the ActivateUTS Facebook page from Monday 11 October. Voting will remain open until 12pm, Friday 15 October. The top ten submissions with the highest votes will win a prize. Winners can choose from one of the following prizes:
- $55 Clay At Home Gift Voucher from Clay Sydney
- $50 Bunnings Gift voucher.
- $50 Paint by Numbers Gift voucher from Paint by Numbers Australia.
Remember, you must submit proof that you made your project yourself in your Google Form submission. Proof could include taking a selfie with you and your DIY project or a photo of you making your project.
How many photos can I upload to my submission?
You can upload a maximum of 5 photos or videos of your project. One of your photos must include a proof that you made the project from scratch (e.g. photo of you with the project).
Which photo of my submission will be uploaded to Facebook?
If eligible, we’ll choose a photo from your submission to share on the ActivateUTS Facebook page. We encourage you to submit photos that you’re happy with, and that positively show off your DIY project.
What file types are accepted?
As the submissions will be shared in a photo album on the ActivateUTS Facebook page, we strongly encourage all entrants to use photos for their submission.
Can I add more info or make edits to my submission?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to make edits to your submission once it’s been submitted via the Google form. We encourage you to triple check your submission before clicking ‘Submit’.
Can I submit multiple entries?
Participants can only submit one entry. If multiple entries are submitted per participant, only one entry will be considered.
- This competition is open to UTS and UTS College students only.
- You can enter as an individual.
- Entrants must prove that they made the project themselves in their submission. This could include a selfie of them with their DIY project, or a photo of them making the project.
- Entrants must include a proof, plus final photo of their project in their submission to the UTS DIY Challenge.
- The UTS DIY Challenge is a UTS community event. All projects must be appropriate for all ages. Entrants who fail to respect these guidelines will be disqualified.
- All photos related to one entry must be submitted at once via the Google Form.
- Submissions that have won or been shortlisted for previous ActivateUTS competitions are considered ineligible for the UTS DIY Challenge.
- Only one submission per student will be accepted. If a student submits multiple submissions, only one will be considered.
- Submissions must be made by 11:59pm, Sunday 10 Ocftober to be eligible to win a prize.
- Winners of DIY Challenge will be contacted after Wednesday 20 October.
- By participating in this ActivateUTS event, you will be doing so by personal choice and at your own risk. You accept that ActivateUTS, its Board or its officers shall not be held liable to any extent whatsoever for any injuries or damages sustained by you arising out of or in connection with your participation in the proposed activity.
- Participants are bound by UTS policies, ActivateUTS policies, and any relevant state and/or national legislation.
- By entering in this contest, you agree for your submission to be shared on ActivateUTS, UTS Sport and UTS social media channels for promotional purposes.
- ActivateUTS’ decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered.
- Please make sure you adhere to NSW Health guidelines and restrictions when taking these photos and stay safe!
- ActivateUTS shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.