Virtual 5km and 10km Fun Run!
When? Friday 1 October to Monday 4 October
Where? Your neighbourhood
Whether you're prepping for Team UTS at this year's City2Surf or looking for a chance to get off the Covid-couch, lace up and join UTS Sport’s Virtual 5km and 10km Fun Run.
Run (or walk) between 6am, Friday 1 October to 6pm, Monday 4 October, anywhere you'd like. There are five race prizes up for grabs. Plus, everyone who participates in the Virtual Fun Run will go into the draw to win one of three Homedics Physio Massage Guns (valued at $79).
This race is open to UTS staff, students, and Alumni, members of UTS Sport clubs and UTS College students.
How to race?
Step 1: Complete the race between 6am, Friday 1 October to 6pm, Monday 4 October
Step 2: Track your time and distance (using either your smart phone or a watch with a run/walk feature) and take a photo/screenshot of your results.
Step 3: Submit your details and results via our Google Form before Wednesday 6 October.
A $50 e-gift card (choice of JB HI-FI or Rebel) will be awarded to the winner of each category.
- Fastest 5km time for males
- Fastest 5km time for females
- Fastest 10km time for males
- Fastest 10km time for females
- Dressed in most teal
- + Lucky draw prize: 3 x Homedics Physio Massage Guns (valued at $79 each).
Complete the race at your own pace, in your own time.
Want to represent Team UTS at the City2Surf Virtual Run? Sign-up for Team UTS and get a free UTS Sport merch pack.
Please read the race's T&Cs for your best chance of winning the prizes.
Who is eligible to enter?
Everyone and anyone! UTS staff, students and the public are eligible to enter.
How do I enter?
Participants must complete the race between 6am, Friday 1 October to 6pm, Monday 4 October and submit their results (proof of completion) via our Google Form before Wednesday 6 October. Your proof must include your final time and distance completed, and the date of completion.
How many photos can I upload?
You can upload a maximum of 5 photos or videos. If you’re competing for the dressed in most teal award, please ensure you include a photo of your teal outfit.
Can I add more info or make edits to my submission?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to make edits to your submission once it’s been submitted via the Google form. We encourage you to triple check your submission before clicking ‘Submit’.
How many prizes can I win?
You can submit an entry multiple times, but a participant can only win one of the fastest time prizes. For example, a participant can’t win both the 5km and 10km run.
How do I win the massage gun?
Winners of the three Homedics Physio Massage Guns will be chosen at random. Anyone who completes their entry into the Fun Run via our Google Form, will go into the draw to win one of three Homedics Physio Massage Guns.
- You can enter as an individual.
- This race is open to UTS staff, students, and Alumni, members of UTS Sport clubs and UTS College students.
- Participants must complete the race between 6am, Friday 1 October to 6pm, Monday 4 October and submit their results (proof of completion) via our Google Form before Wednesday 6 October.
- Proof must be in either image or video format. The proof must include your final time and distance completed, and the date of completion.
- All photos and videos related to one entry must be submitted at once via the Google Form.
- The Virtual 5km and 10km Fun Run is a community event. All outfits must be appropriate for all ages. Entrants who fail to respect these guidelines will be disqualified.
- Submissions must be made by 11:59pm, Wednesday 6 October to be eligible to win any prizes.
- Winners will be contacted after Thursday 7 October.
- Please make sure you adhere to NSW Health guidelines and restrictions when participating in this race.
- By participating in this UTS Sport event, you will be doing so by personal choice and at your own risk. You accept that ActivateUTS, UTS Sport, its Board or its officers shall not be held liable to any extent whatsoever for any injuries or damages sustained by you arising out of or in connection with your participation in the proposed activity.
- Participants are bound by UTS policies, ActivateUTS policies, and any relevant state and/or national legislation.
- By entering in this contest, you agree for your submission to be shared on ActivateUTS, UTS Sport and UTS social media channels for promotional purposes.
- ActivateUTS’ decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- ActivateUTS shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage