Walk to UTS Day 2019
- Friday 4 October, 8:00am – 3:00pm
- Check-in at ActivateHQ - Building 1, Level 3A
This is free, but space is limited. Book now to secure your spot.
Get active and reduce your carbon footprint by walking to UTS. Register now, and check-in on your arrival at UTS for free afternoon tea (from 4pm), and for a chance to win some great prizes. You can walk alone or form your own team.
Prize categories include:
- Longest distance walked
- Team with the most walkers
- Best picture posted online with the hashtag #WalktoUTS
- Lucky draw
You don’t have to walk from home, you could walk from a train station or bus stop.
Make sure you track your walk so you are eligible for a prize. If you don’t have a tracking device or smartphone app, you could download a free app such as Fitbit, Strava or Map My Walk. If you don’t have a smartphone, come up with a creative way to prove your walk.
Take pictures during your walk and post them on social media using the hashtag #WalktoUTS. Keep a look out on our Facebook page for more updates.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum walking distance is 1.5km to be eligible to win a prize
- Must show evidence of distance walked
- 1 entry per person
- Current UTS staff and students only
- Must agree to acknowledgement of risk
- By participating in the ActivateUTS Recreation Trips and Activities, you will be doing so by personal choice and at your own risk. You accept that ActivateUTS, its Board or its officers shall not be held liable to any extent whatsoever for any injuries or damages sustained by you arising out of or in connection with your participation in the proposed activity.
- Photography and videography will be captured at this event and used for print and digital marketing, and promotional purposes by ActivateUTS and UTS. If you do not wish to have your photo or video taken, please inform the photographer and/or videographer, and step out of the shot.