Elite Athlete Program
A considerable fund has been established by ActivateUTS to provide support to high achievers in a wide range of sporting pursuits.
ActivateUTS supports athletes studying at UTS via the following programs:
- Elite and Emerging Athlete Program (EAP)
- High Performance Club Scholarships
Please note: This program is separate to the Elite Athlete and Performers Bonus Scheme. Information on the Bonus Scheme can be found here.
Elite and Emerging Athlete Program
As a UTS Elite Athlete Program scholar, you may receive:
- Financial assistance in the form of a cash grant, dependant on performance (Elite tier only)
- Free use of the ActivateFit.Gym gym and consultation and programming services
- Access to the EAP Private Gym
- Subsidised fees when competing for UTS in National University Championships
- Assistance with academic matters via the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
- EAP branded training apparel
Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
UTS is a member of the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network, which means as an elite student athlete, you will have access to appropriate support services, helping facilitate your academic success.
As a member of the EAFU Network, UTS will attempt to assist athletes in the following areas:
- Assessment – Assistance with assignment extension requests and defer exam requests
- Timetable/study planning – Helping to find best fit for sporting and academic commitments
- Enrolment Assistance
- Examinations – Assistance negotiating location and supervision arrangements
1st December 2018: Applications OPEN for the UTS EAP
1st February 2019: Applications CLOSE for the UTS EAP for existing scholars
15th February 2019: Applications CLOSE for the UTS EAP
How to apply
Applications for the 2019 Elite Athlete Program have now closed and will re-open on July 1st for the mid-year intake.
Please contact email@example.com for information.
Current EAP members log into Smartabase here.