Elite Athlete Program
A considerable fund has been established by ActivateUTS to provide support to high achievers in a wide range of sporting pursuits.
ActivateUTS supports athletes studying at UTS via the following programs:
- Elite and Emerging Athlete Program (EAP)
- High Performance Club Scholarships
Please note: This program is separate to the Elite Athlete and Performers Bonus Scheme. Information on the Bonus Scheme can be found here.
Elite and Emerging Athlete Program
As a UTS Elite Athlete Program scholar, you may receive:
- Financial assistance in the form of a cash grant, dependant on performance (Elite tier only)
- Free use of the ActivateFit.Gym gym and consultation and programming services
- Access to the EAP Private Gym
- Subsidised fees when competing for UTS in National University Championships
- Assistance with academic matters via the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
- EAP branded training apparel
Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
UTS is a member of the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network, which means as an elite student athlete, you will have access to appropriate support services, helping facilitate your academic success.
As a member of the EAFU Network, UTS will attempt to assist athletes in the following areas:
- Assessment – Assistance with assignment extension requests and defer exam requests
- Timetable/study planning – Helping to find best fit for sporting and academic commitments
- Enrolment Assistance
- Examinations – Assistance negotiating location and supervision arrangements
1st December 2018: Applications OPEN for the UTS EAP
1st February 2019: Applications CLOSE for the UTS EAP for existing scholars
15th February 2019: Applications CLOSE for the UTS EAP
How to apply
The link to apply for the 2019 Elite Athlete Program will be available here from December 1st. New applicants will need to register for an account.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Current EAP members log into Smartabase here.