Terms and Conditions
ActivateUTS Terms of Service ("Agreement")
This Agreement was last modified on February 12 2018.
Please read these Terms of Service ("Agreement", "Terms of Service") carefully before using www.activateuts.com.au ("the Site") operated ActivateUTS ("us", "we", or "our"). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Site at www.activateuts.com.au.
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. Capitalised terms are defined in this Agreement.
The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by ActivateUTS and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Links To Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by ActivateUTS.
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of NSW, Australia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Changes To This Agreement
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms of Service by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
ActivateUTS is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles. This policy deals with how ActivateUTS collects, manages and discloses personal information.
- Collects personal information from or about you for the purpose of providing information about its products and services and those of its affiliates such as ActivateFit.Gym, Haberfield Rowers Club and Restaurant, and Aerial UTS Function Centre;
- Only collects such information as is reasonably necessary to enable ActivateUTS and Affiliates to provide its products and services;
- Will not disclose your personal information without your consent to anyone other than its authorized staff and ActivateUTS Affiliates, except where:
- it is required by law to do so; or
- disclosure is reasonably necessary to minimize a serious and imminent threat to your health or safety or that of another person; or
- you have consented to the disclosure.
- Will implement appropriate procedures and systems to protect personal information from loss or misuse or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure in accordance with the National Privacy Principles;
- Will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up to date; and retain personal information for no longer than is necessary and then dispose of it lawfully and securely.
You can stop receiving emails from us at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any of the emails we’ve sent you. You can also unsubscribe by contacting the relevant area of ActivateUTS. While we will do our best to ensure we update our database, if you have indicated an interest in more than one area, your contact details may exist on several databases within ActivateUTS and you may need to unsubscribe from each individual database. You can request to have your details removed from all known databases managed by ActivateUTS by emailing ActivateUTS.Marketing@uts.edu.au
If you unsubscribe, you may still receive emails from ActivateUTS if you have given your contact details for other reasons. You may also receive online advertising from other types of advertising campaigns.
ActivateUTS Online Code of Conduct
ActivateUTS is committed to providing a safe and inclusive online environment. We ask that all attendees who participate in any live streaming event, promote a friendly and positive experience.
We believe everyone has the right to live, study and work safely. UTS is proud to be an active member of the national Respect.Now.Always campaign that aims to eliminate sexual assault and harassment on Australian campuses and that campus includes the online environment.
By participating in an ActivateUTS live stream activity, you must abide to the UTS Student Misconduct Rules. These rules apply to a person who was a UTS student at the time of the misconduct, whilst pursuing any activity related to his or her University enrolment.
Examples of misconduct includes but are not limited to:
- impersonating another student, or arranging for anyone to impersonate a student
- interfering with the freedom of others
- damage to property
- bullying, including cyber bullying
- inappropriate behaviour
- making an unauthorised disclosure and/or misusing Student Security Identification
Penalties apply for those who do not abide by the UTS Student Misconduct Rules.
To protect the community, ActivateUTS reserves the right to suspend any attendee at any time for any conduct that we determined to be inappropriate or harmful.
Further information can be found in the below link: